This web site, Afterfect.com (the “Site”), is administered by Afterfect Inc. (“Afterfect”).
We appreciate your visit to our site and welcome your interest in our services. Afterfect recognizes the importance of information by which you can be identified, such as your name, address, or e-mail address (“Personally Identifiable Information”). Privacy protection is, after all, a key component of our mission.
When you visit this web site, Afterfect may collect Personally Identifiable Information about you, either directly (where you are asked to provide the data, for example during registration for the service) or indirectly, as explained further on. Afterfect will, however, only use this Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with the purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement and is absolutely committed to safeguarding the personal information collected.
This is an official informative note provided to whoever visits Afterfect’s web site or uses the Afterfect service. Afterfect is required by law to uphold this Privacy Statement.
By using the Afterfect service and this website, you consent to the information practices described in this policy. Keep in mind that your use of the Afterfect service is also subject to, and controlled by, the Afterfect Terms and User Agreement.
Should you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or our data processing activities, recommendations or complaints concerning the protection and privacy of your Personally Identifiable Information, or should you want to exercise the rights mentioned here within, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected].
By including the phrase “Privacy Request” in the subject link of your communication, you will help us service your request more quickly.
Data Processing Locations (these are our facilities)
Data processing associated with customer support for the Afterfect website and service is located in the US and is subject to laws of the State of Texas. The data center where Afterfect’s servers are housed is located in the US, and is subject to the laws of the US.
Rights of the Data Subject (that’s you)
You can request a summary of the information that we have about you by emailing us at [email protected]. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly.
These are your rights:
1. Update, rectify or, where interested therein, integrate the data;
2. Obtain erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that has been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed;
3. Upon request, obtain certification (i.e., notice via email) to the effect that the operations as per letters a) and b) have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
4. That means that if we have wrong information about you, you have the right to correct it. And if you feel that we wrongly used your data, or if you feel there is no longer any reason why we should have it (for example, if you delete your account), you can request that we remove every reference to you in our systems. Also, you can request certification from Afterfect that all of your information has indeed been removed. This is usually only applicable when the removal happens in person, as once we remove your data, we no longer have any means of getting in contact with you.
Please keep in mind that Afterfect only collects the minimum data needed to offer our service to you and/or that you knowingly and voluntarily provide.
Changing or Removing Information
In an effort to facilitate your ability to enact your rights, and to ensure that you have appropriate control over your Personally Identifiable Information, the Afterfect service includes an interface where you can change your Registration or Customer Information. You can access this interface in your personal account profile once you login to the Afterfect service.
If at any time you would like to delete your Personally Identifiable Information from other systems outside of the Afterfect service (for example, customer service emails) you can send an e-mail request to [email protected]. After receiving your request, such information will be deleted assuming (i) you are current with any/all payment obligations; (ii) Afterfect does not believe it is reasonably necessary to keep such information for any pending legal action; and (iii) we are under no other legal obligation to retain such information. If such information is deleted, however, any unfulfilled subscriptions will be canceled without refund and you will have to re-register with Afterfect in order to use the Afterfect service. Because of the irreversible nature of account deletions, we will attempt to verify your identity as the proper account holder, or ask you to confirm your intent before proceeding.
Since Anonymous Information is by its very nature non-personally identifying, we have no way to locate Anonymous Information obtained by your use of the service. In addition, Anonymous Information is often aggregated. Therefore, we cannot remove Anonymous Information obtained from you or as a result of your usage of the website or service.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is information that can be used to locate you, contact you, or determine your specific identity. When other information is linked to Personally Identifiable Information, it also becomes Personally Identifiable Information.
In general, you can visit the Afterfect web site without providing Personally Identifiable Information. It is Afterfect’s goal to collect as little Personally Identifiable Information as possible, however there may be some occasions where it may be collected. For example:
1. When you register for the Afterfect service, you are required to provide a User ID, or an equivalent third party authentication service. You may also optionally provide an Email address (“Registration Information”). An activation code will be sent to the email address provided to confirm its validity and to ensure that it was not accidentally mistyped. The Afterfect application provides an interface where you can correct this information, request a new activation code to be sent, or even change the email associated with your account in the future. Should a valid email account not be provided and confirmed, Afterfect may not be able to provide you with any customer support requests.
2. When you place an order or subscribe to a paid version Afterfect service, we may collect the appropriate billing information, including your credit card number, expiration date, and billing address (“Billing Information”). This information may associated with your Registration Information in a database and kept for future purchases.
3. When you submit a request for more information, support or assistance, Afterfect will keep a record of the request and the manner in which it was processed (“Customer Service Information”).
4. We may ask you for voluntary personal information at other times, including but not limited to when you provide opinions, enter a contest or promotion, or report a problem with the Afterfect service (“Optional Information”).
Your response to the above requests for information is strictly voluntary: if you do not provide the information we request, you can still visit the informative sections of our website but you may be unable to register or maintain an account with the Afterfect service.
By submitting your information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this Privacy Statement.
Moreover, User understands that their account information/passwords they store onto Afterfect will become accessible to their designated Guardians. As such, In no event shall Afterfect, its licensors, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the Afterfect Site be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) relating to the selection or omission of Guardians (defined in User Agreement), or the use or misuse of User information accessed by Guardians.
Afterfect staff has access to a User’s email, User ID, and name. All other information is fully encrypted and cannot be seen by anyone except the user and their guardians in the event of a User’s death.
Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable (Anonymous) Information
Whenever you visit the Afterfect site, we may also automatically receive and record information from your browser, including your IP address, your computer’s name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information.
This information is collected automatically by the system and the software procedures dedicated to the operating of this web site and requires no action on your part. With the exception of your IP address which is used to support various security related features (such as the Anti-phishing welcome message), this information is not associated with your Personally Identifiable Information.
This data enables us to become more familiar with which parts of the world visitors to our site come from, how often they visit, and what parts of the site they visit most often. We analyze this data for trends and statistics, we use them exclusively to help us better understand how our site is being used, to improve the value and user-friendliness of our web site and to detect any technical problems as early as possible. To help us record and understand our website traffic we may also use a third party service, such as Google Analytics or website page counters – in which case absolutely no Personally Identifiable Information is recorded by the third party service, nor associated with the aggregate anonymous website data.
The very nature, however, of the Afterfect service is to provide a place for you to store and protect sensitive data such as, but not limited to, passwords, account information, and other personal instructions and information. The data you choose to store and manage via the Afterfect application is not considered “collected” data in that it is encrypted and can not be decrypted or read by Afterfect or any other third party. Only those you specifically grant access to your private data can decrypt, access and read the data you store at Afterfect.
Your Personally Identifiable Information will be processed manually and/or by automated systems that guarantee security and confidentiality, in strict accordance with, and complete respect of, the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Some pages on this site use “cookies,” which are small files that the site places on your hard drive for identification purposes. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk which help our servers recognize your computer when you visit again, so that it is easier for you to navigate on our web site and make the best use of your visit. You should note that cookies cannot read data off of your hard drive. Your web browser may allow you to be notified when you are receiving a cookie, giving you the choice to accept it or not.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
Your Personally Identifiable Information will not be matter of dissemination. The data will be disclosed to the employees or third parties expressly appointed by Afterfect and the individuals in charge for the data processing.
We will not provide, sell, barter or trade any information about you to/with any third parties, without your express permission and, above all, we will not sell this data to commercial users or make them available in any other form.
In general, we will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent. If we seek your consent to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to a third party, we will do so unambiguously, explaining precisely what information we seek to disclose, the entity to whom we wish to disclose it, and the purpose for the disclosure.
There are, however, some limited circumstances in which we may need to disclose Personally Identifiable Information about a user, and we want you to know about them:
1. We may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, providing customer service, processing credit card payments, or other functions necessary to our business. We may therefore need to share your Personally Identifiable Information to banks or financial institutions, service companies, consultants, contractors and to the relevant Authorities imposed by law. The data you submit may be transmitted, even outside the United States, only to our affiliated companies, in compliance with the requirements set forth by the privacy laws in force. However, we will provide them with only that information necessary to perform their functions, and will not allow them to use that information for any other purpose.
2. Responses to requests for information necessary to provide you with the products you purchase or subscribe to through the Afterfect service may contain Personally Identifiable Information. Afterfect will provide the authors of such products the information you supply in response to those requests. The information practices of those publishers are not covered by this Privacy Statement. Your name, address, phone number, and email address, will not be shared with the Authors.
3. We may reveal a user’s identity (or whatever information we know about that individual) if we believe that user is harming or interfering with other Afterfect users, anyone else, or violating (either intentionally or unintentionally) our Terms or User Agreement, or infringing any of Afterfect’s legal rights.
4. Afterfect will reveal information, including Personally Identifiable Information, to the extent it reasonably believes it is required to do so by law. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of any of your personally identifiable information we will, if permitted by law, attempt to notify you via your e-mail address, if, and only if, we have one on record, within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request.
5. Afterfect may transfer information it collects, including any Personally Identifiable Information, in connection with a sale of all or most of the assets of the company. Should your Personally Identifiable Information be transfered as the result of such sale, you will be notified in your Account.
Use and disclosure of Anonymous Information
Anonymous Information is any information collected from you or by the Afterfect service, other than Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregate information derived from Personally Identifiable Information.
Afterfect may use Anonymous Information to improve the Afterfect website and service, to monitor traffic and general usage patterns, and for other general business purposes.
Afterfect may disclose Anonymous Information to third parties for a variety of business reasons, including to publishers to inform them as to what content is appealing to their readers, to advertisers to inform them of the usage habits or characteristics of the interested audience, and to potential investors so that they may better understand Afterfect’s user base, etc.
Anonymous Information will not include any Personally Identifiable Information and Afterfect will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information except as expressly stated elsewhere in this policy.
We employ bank-level and current security methods to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information. Your personal data will be stored within a database that is located behind a firewall. The server housing the database is physically protected at a secure data center.
Of course, we can’t guarantee 100% protection from data breach or access. However, once Afterfect is aware of a data breach, we will notify Users of any such breach within a commercially reasonable time using commercially reasonable means.
Any transmission to the Afterfect web site or service of Personally Identifiable Information or credit card information uses SSL encryption.
Other Web Sites
Please note that the informative note is given only for the Afterfect web site and application: this Privacy Statement does not extend to third party sites linked to this web site.
The Afterfect service is not directed to children (persons under the age of 18), and we do not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personally identifiable information from children.
From time to time, Afterfect may change this Privacy Statement. If we make any changes regarding disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to third parties, then we’ll notify you by pop-up screen prior to the date the modified policy takes effect. We will also post conspicuous notice of the new policy on our home page. Any new policy will have prospective effect only, meaning it will not apply to information previously gathered without your express consent.
Please check this Privacy Statement from time to time for any changes. All changes posted on the Site become binding on you 14 days after they are posted, or immediately upon your next login to the Site, whichever is earlier.
Copyright 2020 Afterfect